Over the last three decades, SAP has served enterprises of all sizes with its commitment to integrate all mission-critical processes through its variety of software application releases. Enterprises also have benefited from SAP as a backbone to offer business value to their customers.
With Industry 4.0 accelerated initiatives across all industries, there is a need for an integrated digital platform that offers agility, real-time analytics, and maximize efficiency across the entire suite of applications. Hence SAP has introduced S/4 HANA for Intelligent enterprise suite which speeds up the data-intensive process, reduces complexity, and accelerate the value delivered from IT. It additionally provides a common foundation for all SAP and partner business functions, enabling easy integration and shared capabilities.
SAP has provided a migration path to an existing SAP customer as well as safe passage to Non-SAP customers with on-premise, cloud, and hybrid options.
- Approach 1 – Greenfield for a new implementation:
Non-SAP Customers or an existing SAP customers doesn’t wish to take reference of a current system configuration; instead would like to build their Transformation journey on SAP S/4 HANA guided Best Practices for their respective industry.
In this approach, only master data and transactional data are migrated from the legacy system using upload templates and standard data migration tools.
- Approach 2: Brownfield for an Existing SAP System:
An existing SAP ERP customers would like to upgrade from on-premise ECC 6.0 instance to SAP S/4 HANA. Customers do have option to use Software Update Manager (SUM) with Database Migration Option (DMO) in case the customer is not yet on SAP HANA as the underlying database.
- Approach 3: Landscape Transformation:
Customers use this approach with multiple SAP on-premise instances or non-SAP ERP systems and would like to consolidate into one global SAP S/4 HANA system for their multiple company codes and business area to derive unified data sources for better real-time analytics.
Organizations can transform their IT landscape with added benefits:
- Speed to deploy software— With SAP S/4 HANA, businesses benefit from digitized business processes that can easily integrate with next-generation technologies using APIs and Cloud Connectors.
- Reduced capital costs—SAP S/4 HANA On-Premises optimizes resource utilization, thus requiring lower investment in infrastructure.
- Reduced maintenance burden—Frees up IT resources for more creative and strategic tasks, like developing innovative solutions to business problems.
- Flexible APIs—Next-generation technology, including artificial intelligence and analytics, is easy to access and integrate.
- Support for Dev/Ops processes—SAP S/4HANA fits into your business’s modern development and deployment processes, including Continuous Integration and Testing.
- Flexible deployment options – SAP S/4HANA fits into businesses hybrid environments, enabling IT operations teams to place data and workloads where they make the most sense.
VisionTree can partner with you to deliver a smooth migration experience to upgrade your entire IT landscape with SAP S/4 HANA.